Enhanced Safety Measures & Steps We Are Taking
Like most of you know, by now we have all been affected to some degree by the global outbreak of the CoronaVirus. What’s interesting… this is truly a “Global” issue with the virus now reaching 180 or more countries throughout the world.
We understand the uncertainty that our customers, their families and many others across this great nation are feeling right now — and we wanted to let you know how committed we are to do our part to fight this terrible virus.
In this special update we wanted to break down the detail of exactly what we are doing to keep our products safe for you and your customers (as well as our employees and their families).
It’s one thing to say we are “going above and beyond” to keep our products safe, but we are doing this, and more. All of our key teams, including our warehousing, operations, sales, management, accounts teams, accounting department, quality control and quality assurance teams meet weekly and often daily to ensure we truly are going above and beyond.
Here Are The Steps We Are Taking To Keep You and Our Products Safe
First, everyone here at Bally Plus extends our sincere thoughts to you, your families and your customers. We all never dreamed we would come to this point – but we are here, and we are fully prepared and ready to deal with it.
We are going above and beyond what the CDC and others have recommended to clean and sanitize our facility.
- We are fogging our entire facility with industrial strength disinfectants and sanitizers that contain ingredients proven effective to kill the CoronaVirus (COVID-19). These do not contaminate food that we are producing, packing and manufacturing.
- We are now taking the temperature of all employees and others entering our facility.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing our entire facility – including all manufacturing and processing areas, as well as our entire shipping & receiving department and our warehousing facility.
- All our employees, beginning 2 weeks ago, are required to wear face masks (including not only our manufacturing and processing floors, but also all staff in our corporate offices).
- Our corporate office staff members are now on a rotating schedule to limit exposure in our offices (half our staff works remotely from home one week, then they trade with the other half, who then work from home). We are all set up to perform well at home via telecommunications.
- We have given extensive training to all employees from the front office to our manufacturing and processing floors in the most up to date and effective steps and procedures to fight the CoronaVirus. In addition, the training has included the proper use of using disinfectants and sanitizers known and proven to kill the virus.
- Our manufacturing and processing employees have been assigned two different teams to stagger their hours with the goal of limiting their exposure: Teams A & B have been created. Team A will work specific shifts, then they rotate with Team B.
- We now have very limited access into our building by all visitors and others (essentially, we have locked down our entire facility, including front office and all manufacturing and processing areas of our building, unless entry is absolutely essential).
- We created a new procedure to sanitize and spray down all doorknobs, doors and all touch points every 30 minutes throughout the day with very strong disinfectants and sanitizers containing ingredients known and proven to kill the CoronaVirus (COVID19).
- No drivers are allowed in our building temporarily until we are in the clear from this virus. All paperwork and transactions from delivery drivers are handled outside our building. If for any reason a driver must come into our building, they are required to wear face masks, wash hands immediately and use hand sanitizer.
We would also like to express our most sincere thanks to all of the first responders in our area, as well as throughout our great nation. You really have to take just a few minutes to stop and think about the nurses, doctors, police officers, firefighters and all the other medical professionals who are putting their lives in harm’s way — every minute, hour and day of the week to help keep all of us safe from the virus.
Know this, we very much appreciate you and your business… working closely together, we will all get through this difficult situation. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to help in any way we can.
Top 3 Things You Can Do To Fight the Virus, According to the CDC:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
We will monitor this situation daily as it develops and make company changes as needed to keep our company, products and staff safe.
For details on how to best fight the CoronaVirus, click here: https://www.coronavirus.gov/
Together, we will win this fight.
Our Entire Bally Plus Team